Friday 2 January 2009

People of the Year Awards

I am extremely pleased to have been a runner-up in the Politician of the Year category of the first every People of the Year Awards.

This new venture of the Bath Chronicle is a great way to recognise and pay tribute to various people who have, over the past 12 months, worked hard in their communities, work places and particular fields of study.

It brings a smile to my face to see people like Tim & Sharon Ball, Julie Peacock and Nicholas Coombes listed. They have all made their mark during 2008. I agree completely with the Editor's recognition of Nicholas Coombes - he is definately an MP in the making. Watch this space!

I would personally like to thank Editor Sam Holliday and his team for listing me in the Politician of the Year category. My work in Peasedown St John is for the good of my constituents and I get a genuine buzz out of serving others.

Happy New Year!

No comments: