Tuesday 9 September 2008

Council Officers do work hard you know!

Too often Council officers get a bad press - they seem to get blamed when there isn't money to spend on a certain project and when new infrustructure isn't put in on time.

Here in Peasedown St John my job is always a joy because Council officers reply to my emails, they phone me, and will be honest with me if there is something I cannot do!

The Council Officers that Sarah Bevan and I work with are un-sung heros! They have helped us install new traffic bollards, speed reductions, and litter bins. They have organised and worked with us on Environmental Clean-Up days and have helped us with longer term projects such as BMX tracks, graffiti removal and tree planting.

Peasedown residents are some of the luckiest because of the commitment of our Officers.

No comments: