Sunday 26 October 2008

Little things please small minds!

Well, I couldn't think of anything else to put for the title but it got your attention though didn't it?

The majority of phone-calls or emails I get from residents are generally about a problem they have, something that needs to be done or to express their concerns that something that has happened they don't like.

That often can be the content of my week - much of the above! So, when something good happens, no matter how insignificant it may be to some people, it makes all the difference to me.

Here's an example - I was out this evening delivering my Lib Dem Focus newsletter in Frederick Avenue when I saw the litter bin I had requested, brand spanking new! Yes, I know for some it's just a litter bin but for me it's the result of a combination of a Youth Community Council meeting, emails to Council Officers and a visit to the site where the bin would be put in.

So, the next time you see a litter bin.....

No comments: