Sunday 12 October 2008

A week in the life of....

...me

Having a glance at my diary this morning I'm starting to get the feeling that this week is just going to be 'one of those weeks'.

Don't get me wrong, I knew when becoming a Councillor that I was no longer going to have a social life and everything I did I would have to be accountable to the public for but I would love to know what having a day off feels like.

Here's a quick glance at my diary as it stands at the moment:

Monday:
9am-12.30pm, work for St Johns
5.30pm-8.30pm, attending an Open Evening with Somer Housing for Councillors

Tuesday:
9am-12.30pm, work for St Johns
8pm, 'Better School Transport' campaign meeting in Bath

Wednesday:
9am-12.30pm, work for St Johns
5-7pm, canvassing in North East Somerset
8pm, Transition Peasedown planning meeting

Thursday
9am-12.30pm, work for St Johns
6.30pm, Lib Dem Council Group meeting, Guildhall

Friday-Sunday
Attending IDEA Leadership Academy Conference in Warwick

And of course there are things to fill in the gaps such as; the path that needs resurfacing next to Bloomfield Cottages, those newsletters that need delivering, those residents who want a speed bump in Lincott View, that canvass information that needs to be put onto the database, more work on the youth homelessness campaign, preparation for my tree planting event... and don't forget the gym.

So, all in all, just another normal week really!

No comments: