Friday 31 October 2008

Pizza... with a hint of politics!

Today I had the privilege of spending the day with a group of young people from Peasedown St John as they met the Chairman of B&NES Council and the Mayor of Bath.

So often young people tell me they don't know a lot about politics and when they see politicians on the TV they're just arrogant and not in touch with their views.

As a young politician myself I want to try and change that formed opinion. I want more young people to feel engaged in local politics and that actually local politicians do take an interest in them.

Tomorrow is the start of National Youth Work Week - an event designed to encourage young people to 'get involved' more. I hope that today's trip to the Guildhall in Bath aided in some way to achieveing that... or if not they at least liked the pizza.

No comments: